World Team Trials - May 30th & June 1stMen's Greco-Roman, Men's and Women's Freestyle World Team Trails will be held at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison, WI. USA Wrestling and the Wisconsin Regional Training Center are offering a Team/Group discount for general addmission all-session tickets covering May 30 - June 1. The cost is $15 per person for Teams/Groups of 10 or more. This is a 50% discount off the general admission ticket price. To order the discount tickets, contact the Madison Ticket Agency at (608) 267-3995.
For more information about the 2014 World Team Trials, visit the World Team Trials website provided by USA Wrestling.
State Championships Recap
We'd like to thank everyone who helped make the 2014 State Tournament a success. It's the volunteers that make up the heart and soul of everything the IKWf does and without their assistance there is no way we could pull off this event without their help. A 1,000 thank you's to each and every volunteer.
- Senior Division Team Champions: SCN Youth WC
- Novice Division Team Champions: Martinez Fox Valley Elite
- Jim Didi Coach of the Year: Randy Culton, Sycamore WC
- Ron Urwin Award Winner: Jack Jessen, Martinez Fox Valley Elite
- Marty Combes Award Winner: Juan Bazuldua, Martinez Fox Valley Elite
In the right sidebar you find a link to purchase a copy of the 2014 IKWF State Championships DVD produced by Video Infinity, LLC.
Photography for the event was provided by Tintype Studios, (630) 227-0800 or email.
Clarification - Bantam and Midget Championships
The IKWF would like to clarify a common misconception permeating throughout the IKWF. The Bantam Championships and the Midget Championships are nothing more than another tournament during the IKWF competition season. The only difference between these tournaments and most other tournaments during the IKWF competition season is they limit participation to the bantam and intermediate age groups respectively. These events:
- ARE NOT part of the IKWF State Series.
- CAN NOT be called a "State" Tournament.
This means ALL wrestlers who have a USA Wrestling competitor card and participate in IKWF events and activities are bound by the IKWF by-laws.
- Non-Illinois residents CAN NOT be listed as a member of an IKWF club and therefore, are not eligible to participate as member of an IKWF club for any event sanctioned by the IKWF.
- Wrestlers CAN NOT be listed as a member of a different IKWF club for any IKWF event other than the IKWF club they are currently listed as a member of on the IKWF rosters page.
Important Deadline Has Passed - Saturday, February 8th
Saturday, February 8th was the postmark deadline for wrestlers and coaches to purchase a USA Wrestling competitor card and USA Wrestling coaches card AND be eligible for the IKWF State Series.
What does this mean?
|For Wrestlers:||For Coaches:|
|All wrestlers currently listed on a club's ACTIVE roster are eligible for the IKWF State Series.||All coaches currently listed on a club's ACTIVE roster AND have one of the required certifications after their name are eligible to coach in the IKWF State Series.|
|Note for Wrestlers:||Note for Coaches:|
|Any wrestler listed on a club's PENDING roster is not eligible for the IKWF State Series.||Any coach listed on a club's PENDING roster is not eligible to coach during the IKWF State Series. Also, coaches without the proper certification are not eligible to coach during the IKWF State Series.|
IKWF Dual Meet State Championships Results
|1st - Martinez Fox Valley Elite|
|2nd - Force Wrestling|
|3rd - Bolingbrook Junior Raiders|
|4th - Crystal Lake Wizards|
|5th - Celtic Elite|
|6th - Champaign WC|
|7th - King Select Wrestling|
|8th - Crusaders` Elite|
For complete results, click this link: Results
Congratulations to Martinez Fox Valley Elite for winning their 3rd consecutive dual meet state championship and to Champaign WC for becoming the 1st Central Sectional team to place at the dual meet state championships. A huge thank you to Willowbrook High School for hosting an exciting event.
Important Dates for the 2013-14 season
- November 2, 2013: IKWF Event supporting the Illini WC. Held in conjunction with the U of I wrestle-offs. Click here for the tournament flyer/information.
- November 30, 2013: Deadline to officially declare your club for the IKWF season without submitting a formal request of the IKWF board for a club transfer.
- December 7, 2013: IKWF Competition Start Date.
- December 15, 2013: Deadline to submit the $100 entry fee to enter the Dual Meet State Series.
- January 1, 2014: Deadline to submit a club transfer request to the IKWF Board of Directors.
- January 18-19, 2014: Jon Davis Kids Open
- January 26, 2014: IKWF Dual Meet State Championships @ Willowbrook HS, Villa Park
- February 8, 2014: Deadline to purchase a USA Wrestling membership card AND be eligible for the IKWF State Series.
- March 1 or 2, 2014: IKWF Regionals
- March 8, 2014: IKWF Sectionals
- March 13-14-15, 2014: IKWF State Championships @ BMO Harris Bank Center, Rockford
IKWF State Championships - 2013
Click the PayPal link in the right side bar to order your copy of the 2013 IKWF State Championships DVD.
The IKWF concludes another successful season this past weekend. Congratulations to the following:
- Jeff Eckdhal, Downers Grove Cougars - Jim Didi Coach of the Year Award Winner
- Rahveon Valentine, The LAW - Marty Combes Award Winner
- George Bessette, Lakeland Predators - Ron Urwin Award Winner
- Harvey Twisters - Novice Division Team Champions
- Martinez Fox Valley Elite - Senior Division Team Champions
- Austin O`Connor, Tinley Park Bulldogs - becomes only the 4th wrestler in IKWF history to win 5 IKWF State Championships.