2023 State Tournament Coaches Information
Only coaches with a floor pass and their displayed wrestling leader membership card are allowed access to the staging area and the competition floor.
Any wrestler or coach found loitering on the competition floor will result in an unsportsmanlike conduct against the team and one team point will be deducted from the team’s Novice and Senior team scores.
Absolutely no videotaping is allowed on the competition floor by coaches. Coaches taking photographs must be one of the two (2) coaches sitting in the coach’s chairs during the bout.
The head coach or their designee of each club with state qualifiers is responsible for picking up the club packet either Thursday evening or Friday morning during weigh-ins.
Clubs must email email@example.com by 3 pm, Wednesday, March 8th to make the following designations:
1) Who is picking up the team packet (the head coach or their designee).
2) How many additional coach’s floor passes your club will purchase, if any.
3) Who, from your club, will be issued a coach’s floor pass.
Only the head coach or the designated representative can designate who can receive a coach’s floor pass to gain access to the competition floor.
(Updated 3/5/2023) Important:
- Each coach designated to receive a coach’s floor pass MUST show their current USAW wrestling leader membership card to IKWF state tournament personnel.
- COACHES WHO DO NOT HAVE A HARD CARD OR PRINTED VERSION OF THEIR WRESTLING LEADER MEMBERSHIP TO SHOW STATE TOURNAMENT PERSONNEL WILL NOT BE ISSUED A FLOOR PASS.
- Coach’s wrestling leader membership will be scanned to confirm they are allowed a floor pass by their club leader.
- Coach’s floor pass will be affixed to the coach’s wrist by state tournament personnel.
- Coaches are required to display their current USAW Wrestling Leader Membership card, as described in the IKWF by-laws, at all times while they are in the staging area or on the competition floor (this includes Session IV and the championship bouts).
(Updated 3/5/2023) Coach’s Floor Passes
The number of floor passes each club receives is based upon the number of qualifiers your club has in the state tournament. Each club with qualifying wrestlers receives free passes based upon the number of qualifying wrestlers in the table below: Additional floor passes cost $20 each. The club will be invoiced through USAW membership system. No payments will be handled at the State Tournament.
|1 or 2 qualifiers||2 free passes ONLY.|
|3 to 7 qualifiers||2 free passes plus option to purchase 2 additional passes.|
|8 to 12 qualifiers||3 free passes plus option to purchase 3 additional passes.|
|13 to 17 qualifiers||4 free passes plus option to purchase 4 additional passes.|
|18 to 22 qualifiers||5 free passes plus option to purchase 5 additional passes.|
|23 or more qualifiers||6 free passes plus option to purchase 6 additional passes.|