2019-20 Membership Information
Note: Beginning with the 2018-19 season, USA Wrestling will no longer offer a separate coach’s membership and official’s membership. They have been combined into the Wrestling Leader membership.
Become a member of the IKWF and USA Wrestling
Membership in the IKWF and USA Wrestling provides many benefits including:
- USA Wrestling’s Benefits of Membership
- USA Wrestling Membership Levels
- Membership in USA Wrestling, the national governing body for amateur wrestling in the United States.
- Membership in the largest kids folkstyle organization in USA Wrestling.
- Insurance coverage for clubs, practice facilities, events, wrestlers, coaches, and officials.
As members of the IKWF and USA Wrestling, insurance coverage is of the upmost importance. Click the headers below for detailed information to charter your club or to become a member as an athlete, coach, or official.
Note: All membership is valid 9/1/2019 through 8/31/2020.
- Club Charter – $160 ($165 if purchased using USAW’s membership system)
- Additional Insured – $25 per site ($30 if purchased using USAW’s membership system)
- Event Sanction – $120 ($125 if purchased using USAW’s membership system)
- Athlete Membership – $45 ($50 if purchased using USAW’s membership system)
- Wrestling Leader Membership – $39.75, must be purchased using USAW’s online membership system per U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) mandate.
Note: A Wrestling Leader membership is a combination of the coach’s membership and official’s membership from the 2017-18 season. A separate coach membership and official membership is not available for the 2019-20 membership year and later.
Club directors must have a 2019-20 Wrestling Leader membership prior to purchasing a Club Charter.Chartering your club with the IKWF requires the completion of 3 forms: Club Charter application, Additional Insured application, and IKWF Charter Form Supplement.
- Fees: Club Charter – $160, Additional Insured – $25 per site Note: There is a $5 processing fee added to these prices if they are purchased using USAW’s online membership system.
- Club Charter Forms – Complete all pages and mail them to the IKWF office with a check for the fees.
Event directors must have a 2019-20 Wrestling Leader membership prior to purchasing an Event Sanction.
All Illinois residents (wrestlers AND coaches) must be listed on an active IKWF club to participate in any IKWF event.Sanctioning your event enables our wrestlers to compete and learn from the skills taught to them at IKWF club practices. Most tournaments are used as club fundraisers but this does not negate the responsibilities of the tournament director and the tournament host club from providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all wrestlers, coaches, officials, and spectators. Complete the forms below and submit to the IKWF.
- Fees: Event Sanction – $120, Additional Insured – No fee Note: There is a $5 processing fee added if the sanction is purchased using USAW’s membership system.
- Event Sanctions Forms – Complete the first two pages and mail them to the IKWF office with a check for the fee.
- – All wrestlers have a current USA Wrestling athlete membership and have been age verified by the IKWF office.
- – All coaches have a current USAW Wrestling Leader membership and it must be displayed between their neck and waist while coaching at the event.
- – All officials have a current USAW Wrestling Leader membership.
- You can provide the IKWF with an event flyer to be included with the basic event information listed on this website. Please email the flyer or the link from your club website to email@example.com.
The steps below must be completed using USAW’s online membership system as mandated by the U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC). The IKWF can longer process these applications and payments per the USOC mandate.
- 1) Background Screening every other season (coaches and officials UNDER 18 years old are not required to pass a background screening).
- 2) Safe Sport Certification (Must be completed every season per federal law).
- 3) Purchase Wrestling Leader membership.
The steps below are required by the IKWF by-laws to coach at any IKWF event.
- 4) Complete National Coaches Education Program (NCEP) Certification. Click here for information.
- 5) Receive approval from your IKWF club leader to be placed on the IKWF club roster.
Please Note: If a athlete membership is purchased for pre-season training purposes, the athlete has until November 30, 2019 to declare their club for the IKWF season.
- 2019-20 Athlete Membership Application – $45 ($50 if USAW’s membership system is used)
- 2019-20 Non-IKWF Athlete Membership Application – $45 ($50 if USAW’s membership system is used)