IKWF State Series
Individual State Tournament
Click on links in right sidebar for state tournament information.
Sectional Assignment Letters for State Tournament Brackets
A: West Chicago
D: Central Chicago
F: North Chicago
G: South Chicago
Brackets are now available on Trackwrestling, click here to enter tournament.
STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKETS ARE CREATED USING THE PAIRING MATRIX IN BY-LAW 22.12.6 ON PAGE 36 OF THE IKWF BY-LAWS. WILD CARDS ARE INSERTED INTO BRACKETS BASED UPON BY-LAWS 220.127.116.11.3 (PAGE 34) AND 24 (PAGES 40 AND 41).
Registration Deadline: February 4, 2017. All coaches and wrestlers currently listed on your club roster have already met this deadline. Any new coaches and wrestlers registration forms must be postmarked or, if USAW's Membership System is used, dated on February 4, 2017 or before to be eligible for the IKWF State Series.
Dual Meet State Championships
Congratulations to Martinez Fox Valley Elite. Your 2017 Dual Meet State Champions! Below are final team results. Click this link, results, for complete tournament results.
- 1st: Martinez Fox Valley Elite
- 2nd: Tinley Park Bulldogs
- 3rd: The Wrestling Factory
- 4th: Force WC
- 5th: Bulls WC
- 6th: Celtic Elite
- 7th: Dekalb WC
- 8th: Gomez Wrestling Academy
National Coaches Education Program (NCEP) certification requirement
An email was sent to all primary contacts regarding upcoming deadlines and the NCEP certification requirement for coaches. Please feel free to read it.
W.I.N. Magazine Offer
During the 2016-17, each USA Wrestling member will receive 6 free issues of W.I.N. Magazine. USA Wrestling has partnered with W.I.N. to offer an additional 6 issues for only $18. Click the logo on the left to upgrade to 12 issues.
USAW's online registration system is now up and running to accept 2016-17 membership (Club Charters, Events Sanctions, Coach memberships, Athlete memberships, and Official memberships).
By-law changes for the 2016-17 season
Please click this link to view the changes for the 2016-17 season: 2016-17 by-law changes.
Membership Fees for the 2016-17 Season:
- Club Charter - $160
- Additional Insured - $25
- Event Sanction - $120
- Athlete - $45
- Coach - $35
- Official - $30
- October 9, 2016: General Board Meeting @ IKWF office, 10:30 am
- November 26, 2016: Deadline for IKWF wrestlers who purchase their USAW athlete membership for pre-season training purposes or as an "unattached" wrestler to officially declare their IKWF club for the 2016-17 IKWF competition season. Failure to declare a club will result in loss of IKWF State Series eligibility (dual meet and individual).
- December 3, 2016: 2016-17 IKWF Competition start date
- December 15, 2016: Postmark deadline to enter the 2017 Dual Meet State Series
- January 14 & 15, 2017: Jon Davis Kids Open @ Prairie Capital Convention Center, Springfield
- January 29, 2017: Dual Meet State Championships @ Willowbrook High School, Villa Park
- February 4, 2017: Postmark mailing deadline to add wrestlers, coaches, and coach's NCEP certification to a club's active roster for the 2017 IKWF Individual State Series.
- February 25 or 26, 2017: Regionals
- March 4, 2017: Sectionals
- March 9, 10, & 11, 2017: IKWF State Championships, BMO Harris Bank Center, Rockford